Video Website powered by Einstein IndustriesBreiner Whole-Body Health Centre




NOW PLAYING: Safe Amalgam Removal


DR. MARK BREINER: Mercury is very toxic. And when you're taking mercury out from a patient, it's very important that it be done properly. In order to safely remove the mercury from a person's mouth, you have to prepare them before you ever start. And you have to make sure the patient's ready.

And one of the most important things that we have to do is make sure what's called your mezancime [phonetic] is open. I have patients unfortunately that I see after the fact, they've had their mercury removed, and now they're worse off than before they started. And that's because if somebody's mezancime is blocked, and they have the mercury out, they stand a good chance of being irreparably harmed. So, that's the first and foremost thing, is we have to make sure that they're ready to have their mercury removed.

And then once they're ready to have the mercury removed, then we want to do everything we can to protect the patient during the removal. And we're going to coat the inside of their mouth with a powder that helps absorb mercury. We're going to put what's called a rubber dam on, which isolates the teeth so they don't have everything going down their throat. We're going to have them breathe in oxygen. We're going to have what we call a Doctor Seuss, which is a big elephant like vacuum cleaner, sits in front of the mouth to absorb all the mercury vapor. And we're going to use a lot of water and a special suction tip that surrounds the tooth to limit their exposure. And I also use an electric hand piece so we can cut much more efficiently, at a slower speed, with more torque, so we don't heat the tooth, because we do not want to damage the tooth in any way.

And then also after the mercury is removed, it's important, the follow up care, and what's done now to help remove the heavy metals from the body.

You need to install Adobe Flash to play these videos.


Have questions? Contact our office today!